It’s that time of the year again! Your fellow friends, acquaintances, and schoolmates are running for a chance to lead Oceana through the ASB Elections! Your current ASB officers are working hard to make sure this year’s election goes smoothly and potentially pick the next big student leader!
To run for ASB for next year, all students interested must go to Room 211, Ms. Bookwalter’s room, to get the necessary forms. Forms designated for each officer position are available from Ms. Bookwalter’s room. The various positions students can run for are the following:
- ASB Officer (President, Vice President, Secretary, Treasurer, Sports Commissioner, or Rally Commissioner)
- Senior Class Officer (President, Vice President, Secretary, Treasurer, Senior Academic Council Representative, or Senior Prom Commissioner)
- Junior Class Officer (President, Vice President, Secretary, Treasurer, Junior Academic Council Representative, or Junior Prom Commissioner)
- Sophomore Class Officer (President, Vice President, Secretary, or Treasurer)
Each election form has a list of the various rights and responsibilities each officer is entitled to. Attached to the election form is a paper that is used to collect signatures. All students must collect 100 signatures in order to be eligible to run for their desired position; ASB officers, however, must collect 150 signatures. Students also must complete two drafts of a brief speech that they will say to their respective student class during Election Day.
- Signatures must only be from the class the student is currently in (Ex: A freshman running for a sophomore class officer position can only receive signatures from other freshmen).
- Only students running for ASB officer positions can receive signatures from all classes.
- The senior class is not allowed to sign any election forms.
Final drafts of speeches and the election forms are due Friday, April 14th. Election Day(s) for each ASB section will be held from Monday, April 21st to Tuesday, April 22nd! So, get running and get ready to vote!