Here’s a special recipe on how to make Lemon Ricotta Blueberry Pancakes. You’ll be surprised on how delicious these pancakes taste.
To make 12 pancakes here is what you will need:
- ¾ cup of whole wheat flour
- ¾ cup of all-purpose flour
- ½ teaspoon of kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon of baking soda
- 2 eggs (separate the yolks and the whites)
- 2 tablespoons of sugar
- 2 tablespoons of lemon juice from fresh lemons
- ½ cup of skim ricotta cheese
- 1 ¼ cup of buttermilk
- 6 ounces of blueberries
To start making these delicious pancakes:
- First grab a bowl, and start mixing the egg yolks, buttermilk, sugar, lemon juice, and ricotta cheese together.
- Place the egg whites in a separate bowl and beat them with a hand held mixer until soft — sort of puffy looking.
- Pour the mixed egg whites into the bowl with the mixed egg yolks, buttermilk, lemon juice, and ricotta cheese, then add the dry ingredients such as the wheat flour and all-purpose flour, baking soda, and kosher salt. Mix the ingredients.
- Now place a large, non-stick pan onto your stove to heat under medium heat and spray it a little with cooking spray.
- Grab pancake batter and pour it into a measuring cup, so it is easier to pour the batter onto the pan.
- Pour batches onto the pan to make the pancakes, and scatter about 5-6 blueberries on each pancake.
- Cook until bubbles start to fill around. After about 2-3 minutes, flip and cook until golden brown.
- While cooking the rest of the pancakes, place the ones that are done on an aluminum sheet to keep them warm.
- After making all the pancakes, serve them with maple syrup or just alone.
Last but not least, Enjoy!
Recipe adapted from The Food Physician