- 1 can of evaporated milk (12oz)
- 1 can of sweetened condensed milk (14oz)
- 5-6 egg yolks
- 3/4 cup of white sugar
- 1 tablespoon of vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon of brown sugar
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Mix three eggs, the evaporated milk, condensed milk, and the vanilla extract together.
- Pour this mixture into a pan, and steam it for about 20-30 minutes until it starts to boil.
- After you are done steaming the flan mix, sprinkle several tablespoons on the mold that you will be using for the flan. The mold can be medium sized or large sized depending on how much flan you are making.
- Place mold in the oven for about 5 minutes to caramelize the sugar.
- Once the sugar is caramelized, grab your bowl, where the flan mixture is, and start pouring it on the mold on top of the caramelized sugar.
- Let the flan mixture cool for a couple of minutes, then place the mold in the fridge and wait for about 3 hours for it to be ready.
- After waiting 3 hours, use a knife to loosen the edges of the flan from the mold.
- Grab a plate and turn mold upside down onto the plate so the flan can start coming off easily.
- There will be caramelized sugar on top.